Planning the Partner Strategy Map
Guide to fill the Partner Strategy Map
Strategy Layers and Alternatives
Which Customer Type are you targeting with the partnership?
- Small-medium-sized businesses or Enterprises
Who will have the Customer Ownership?
- You as the Principal (vendor) or your Partner. Ownership implies invoicing relation and first point of contact.
Under which Branding the product will be marketed?
- The vendors original brand
- co-branded as a combination of the principals and the partners brand
- white label with new or existing brand own by the partner.
Which of your Business Function the partnership should support?
- Marketing, Channel, Service, Product
What is the primary Business Objective of the partnership?
- Revenue increase
- Cost reduction
What is the strategic Partnership Objective?
- Market penetration: Increase the reach to already target customers and industries.
- Market expansion: Address new regions or industries.
- Product development: Improve existing product or make it more accessible through services.
- Product innovation: Create a new product reaching new customers.